August 1, 2010

Hello out there...

Oh my, it has been way too long since I have posted here! Things have been so absolutely crazy in so many different areas that I forget to get on here and post or I have my hands in the middle of something and can't get to it. Seems I'm always in the middle of something these days (sigh). With the kids, a full time job and my sewing......well, the time just seems to slip away.

I think I am going to try to post at least a little something each day about what that day has brought in my life and what new things I have been creating. With 3 kids in the house, one of which is a 2 y/o, something funny or crazy is always happening. I think making this more of a place where I can journal about the happenings of my life, is more of the direction I want to take this blog.

I also have been trying to decide just what it is I want this blog to be. It needs to help promote my business but I want it to also show people a bit of who I am as a person instead of just posting the same photos I post on Etsy and Facebook with the same information in it. I need to use it to promote what I do, but I don't want to post the exact same information I do everywhere else either. To me that's boring and its spammy and I really don't want people thinking I am trying to spam them. :)

I also want the look of my blog to be much more creative and represent more of me and not just look like a boring landing spot on the web. These templates are so very boring! I seriously need the help of someone who writes HTML. I love to design the look myself and have the software to create the background, banners and such; it's just writing the code so it all goes just where I want it that seems to be a problem. If you have experience in this area or have any tips PLEASE let me know!!!
_______________________

So, in the spirit of making this a daily journaling, sharing spot for me, here is a short run down of some of the recent happenings in my life. I know, you're thrilled, right! All those months of no posting and your going to sum it up now?? LOL. Well, to keep it short, we're going to stick to the last few days, lol.

This last week, we have been in Branson at my mother's. I have not been able to stay here for more than a couple of days on the weekend here and there because there has been no reliable internet connection at their house. My brother has a router with a booster so he can pick up signal from those in the neighborhood who don't have secured networks in order for them to have internet at the house without paying an arm and a leg. Not the way I would advise one to get their internet, but it isn't my decision to make for them. Well, inevitably I end up going home earlier than planned in order to complete my "real" work (medical transcription) which requires me to have internet. Before this last trip, I decided I was not going to end up making the 3 hour trip back home at the last minute to allow me just enough time to get my work done because my brother's internet system had failed me yet again, so I changed my internet over the AT&T laptop card so I knew I would be able to work without relying on his internet. Wouldn't you know it, this entire week I have had a full signal but my internet has been as slow as dial up, which is making me absolutely nuts. I seriously do not have the time to sit here waiting on a job to load - UGH! All this time, however, my brother's internet has kept a strong signal and worked the entire time!!! Seriously??? If I had not changed my internet, I long ago would have had to head back to Arkansas because of a lack of internet signal. I switch to a more expensive internet service and now his works the entire time. Go figure! AT&T is definitely going to be hearing from me this week, though. No way am I going to spend $20 a month more for my internet and have to sit here waiting....and waiting.....and waiting in order to get my work done. I just don't have the time (or the patience, lol).

Since I was able to stay longer this time, I was able to have breakfast and spend a few hours with a good friend whom I hardly ever get to see and it was great. I wish we had more time to sit and talk. We took the kids to Silver Dollar City and boy was it HOT! We decided, of course, that the first thing to do was ride one of the water rides. Once we got wet, it wasn't so bad. Everyone had a good time and, as usual, the day ended before we could do everything we wanted. We also attended the wedding of one of my husband's close childhood friends while we were here and it was beautiful, as was the bride. :) It was great seeing several people I had not seen in years and hanging out with some adults for a change, lol. We had never met the woman he was going to marry until after the wedding was over. After watching them together for just a short time, however, they seem perfect for eachother and I wish them many happy years together. She lives fairly close to us and he now will be closer to us as well so I am hoping we will all be able to get together more often. Maybe we can start our own monthly Texas Hold 'em tournament. I know he and my husband would really enjoy that and I must say that I enjoy a night of it myself, lol.

We also did a ton of back to school shopping while here and saved a ton of money - yeah! I think I just about have everything done - well, until they actually start school and the teachers tell them some other things they need to get! Seems they never manage to get everything on the list that should be there. On top of being able to still do my regular job while here, I have received several orders for my sewing business, which is awesome. I truly believe that I need to leave town more often as that seems to be when I get the majority of my orders, lol. Since I introduced my hooded towel, I have sold just a few. Suddenly since last Sunday, I now have orders for 12! I also have had orders for 3 more pillowcase dresses and maybe one bed canopy, though I have not heard for certain on that one yet. I'll be one busy beaver when I get home!

Home. I love to get away, but I love to return! We head home today and I must say that I can't wait to get back. Well, that means I must get off of here. I have at least a 3 hour drive ahead of me, a few hours of typing that needs to be done and some embroidery to pick up tonight so I can mail out some orders. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment