April 22, 2011

Busy Beaver

As usual, things have been super busy around here. Since my last post I have been busy with my normal transcription work, finished up on a few custom orders, added some fun new things to the shop, purchased more fabric than my husband would care to think about, had a birthday party for my now 3year old son and am getting things ready for a family BBQ at our house this Easter Sunday. Oh, and we've been busy with softball practices, games and tournement (well at least the ones we have been able to get in with all the rain we've been having - ugh!).

With all of that, I have quite a few pictures to share with you. I will try to keep my comments to a minimum lest this end up being the longest blog post ever, lol.

First up, I have a screen shot of my Etsy shop.  In the last week, I have been trying to add at least one product a day, usually two, in an effort to get my online inventory up.  Etsy searches apparently like shops with a lot of stuff listed so I am trying to work up to having at least 100 items in my store at any given time. I have the inventory but lack the time to take and edit good photos and write up new descriptions but I've set my goal and hope to acheive it soon. Image is linked directly to my store front so feel free to click away and check it out.



Up next are some custom orders I've finished lately.  Lots of cute stuff!

I didn't have time to clean up the round table we have in the barn to get a better picture of this set, but this is a 90-inch round table cloth with a grosgrain ribbon border and a 43 inch square butterfly topper for the table. I hope my customer sends me a pic of this on her little girl's table. I bet it looks so cute!

This is a set of initial bracelets each with their corresponding tin. The beads used are the recipients birthstone color as is the color chosen for the initial on the tin. These were ordered as hostess gifts for a baby shower.


This is a close up of a spa wrap that is being given as a junior brides maid gift. The band at the top is black with white polka-dots so I appliqued a heart and cross bones in matching fabric and then took the wrap to my local embroiderer and had her put the girl's name on it.  My 11-year-old daughter was in love with this wrap. Maybe I will have to do something similar for her.


One of two OU blankets for a local customers not-yet-here baby boy.

A orange and hot pink tutu made to fit a customers bull dog! This was definitely a fun project. I made this tutu to where there is no tulle in the very bottom so that it doesn't interfere with tee-tee time and it features a snap closure so it's easy to put on and take off.


A very sideways view of a large custom made quilt for a local customer. I'm not sure why it loaded sideways or how to change that even, lol.  Anyway, this was part of an entire bedding set done for a 1 y/o made specifically to be able to be used when her crib is converted to a full size bed.  The blanket was made roughly 50x60 inches so that it can be a throw on her bed later.

Here is the bumper made to match, shown here how it would look in toddler bed mode with the front removed.
I made two valances to match the bedding and love the way they turned out. I didn't get a picture of the bed skirt on the crib, but it matches the valances. The really cool thing about the bed skirt is that it is pleated and fits the baby bed, but it converts to fit a full size bed!


OU Blanket #2. Blogger flipped my picture again.


This blanket was done for a customer for her to give as a shower gift to a friend. I love the way this turned out. Her friend is more tomboy-ish so we tried not to be too girly but still feminine. Hope she likes it. :)

Another flipped picture...grr...They are not on my computer this way. You'd think that there would be a way for me to rotate the pics if necessary. If anyone knows how to do this PLEASE let me know.  Anyway, my final picture for today is a custom made birthday outfit. I did one of these for my son and decided it would be a great item for my store. I'm very glad I did as it has turned out to be quite a popular item. If you want one of your own, click here for infant sizes and here for toddler sizes. I make them up to a child's size 8 but haven't made the listing for the larger size yet.

I'm going to leave you with those for today. I have pics of the outfit and cake that I did for my son's birthday and pics of several new items for the store but I figure this post is long enough, lol. I will do my best to be back tomorrow with some pictures from Jesse's 3rd birthday. Until then, thank you for reading and may you all have a wonderfully blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment