January 14, 2010

Booty time

While looking through the forums on Etsy today, I ran into this cool shop ImoTime. This seller makes clocks out of all sorts of things cool and unusual and I just love it. Here is one of the very unusual clocks found in this store


Its called 36 - 24 - 36. Now who would have ever thought of taking a discarded body form and turning it into a clock? Just goes to show you that there are some very imaginative and creative people floating around Etsy land. When I have a minute or two, I love to see what unique items I can find and I am never disappointed. It is hard to believe that when I first signed up with Etsy, there were only about 30,000 users! That number has increased so much. As of today, Etsy is only 11 shops short of the 200,000 mark!!! WOW! I believe if you can't find it anywhere else, you can definitely find it on Etsy. If you have trouble finding what your after, you can go to the custom section of Etsy and create a post asking for your item to be made.

Anyway, the seller of this clock started a thread in the Etsy forums asking "Do you know anyone who is 36-24-36?" Those were the days! You see, I used to be these exact measurements. Of course 3 kids later, I am far from that figure! I know I can get closer to that number if I just had or rather made the time to get up and exercise. Of course with all the booty time I spend - typing for a living and then sewing for my Etsy shop require a TON of this - it's a wonder I am not big as a horse, lol. I guess that will have to be one of my goals for the year - taking time to exercise on a regular basis - ok, at least a somewhat regular basis. ;)

Speaking of booty time, mine was a bit productive yesterday. I finished a pink and brown argyle print minky blanket for a toddler which turned out quite cute. I didn't snap a picture because I figured I'd be getting it back to sew up the side as I had to leave it open for it to be monogrammed on. I also did a blue and white minky pillow case for a customer who is giving it to a niece who has a cloud themed room and I finished a pink and brown zebra blanket I will be adding to the store hopefully today.

Well, we are going to keep it shorter today (you are cheering, I know, lol) because I need to get some of these doctor reports typed before the older kiddos are home from school. The hubby and I are going to look at a house and some land this evening so I won't have as much time to get things done later. Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment