January 12, 2010

2010 is shaping up

...to be a great year here at Simplie Girlie. Here we are only 12 days into the new year and I have already shipped or delivered 1 custom reversible jumper, 1 diaper bag, 3 receiving blankets, 1 minky lap blanket, 3 minky baby blankets and 4 travel pillows. Yeah! I have 3 rooms now to do curtains for, another baby blanket, a toddler blanket, a standard pillow case and a shopping cart cover.

I am in LOVE with Michael Miller's dandy damask fabric in black and have ordered a bunch of this fabric. I am hoping to use it to make some blankets, cart covers, changing pads, burp clothes and a new item I hope to add to the store soon - changing table covers. I have one for my changing table that my mother made with my first child 13 years ago! Needless to say, it is time for an update and I am going to do one with a minky fabric edged with a western print since he has a cowboy room. I can't wait to make one with hot pink dimple dot and the black damask for the shop!

I have a ton of plans for the shop this year. Not only do I want to add the changing table cover, but I want to add cart covers, bibs, burp cloths, diaper bags, receiving blankets, boy's rompers, toddler blankets, lap blankets, several new dress designs and more wipe cases. We will see how much of this I actually get done since I have been so busy with custom orders lately and I still do have my transcription to do every weekday. Hopefully, I will get to do some of these things soon.

I have added some new blankets to the shop this week. Click the previews to be taken to the shop for more information and/or purchase.





I am will have a brown and pink zebra blanket ready to sew and it should be in the store soon. I also will have the zebra and the toile above with red minky done soon as well so be on the lookout for those.

I wanted to share with you the picture of the diaper bag and receiving blankets I sent out this weekend, a picture of two of the blankets I delivered this weekend and a picture of a custom lap blanket I sent out last week. I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures of the other 2 blankets or the travel pillows but maybe the buyer will send me some pics later if she has time.







Oh, and this is a blanket I did for a customer as a custom order for Christmas. She just sent me the picture (again, didn't have my camera with me) and I wanted to share. It is a lap blanket made with Razorback fabric and black minky. I love the way this turned out. I also did a similar blanket with a different print for her sister's birthday and hope to have a picture of it to show you soon.



Well, that is it for now. I have reports to type and a little boy who is placing his father's chess pieces on their board (too cute!). Gotta make sure he doesn't break any of them or I'm the one in the doghouse, lol. Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment