August 20, 2009

WOW - has it really been that long????

3 months? Really? Wow. It most certainly doesn't seem like it has been that long since I last posted here. Certainly doesn't do much to promote my business or keep any followers up to date. So much has happened in the last few months. Many, many changes with some changes still yet to come. Suffice to say, it has been more than a little busy around here and I think it is all starting to catch up with me. But, I will push through as always :)! I will give you a quick run down and then show you a few custom orders I have completed recently.

Let's see....since April, I have quit my job working at a medical clinic and now am doing the same type of job but from home (much easier on the budget with no daycare, work clothes, etc. with the bonus of actually making more money - yeah!). I love the fact that I don't have to get up at a specified time each morning (well, until school started anyway) and my son does not have to attend daycare but it has been a rather huge adjustment for everyone and I am still trying to get a schedule worked out, which will probably never happen. :) As some of my readers may know, I have been taking care of my grandmother since early 2005. Well, in the time since I have posted here, I had moved her from her apartment and into the nursing home, spent a week with her at the hospital and now she is rejoicing with the angels in heaven. While this is wonderful as it is what she has wanted for quite some time now, it has been quite a stressful period for me. I never imagined there was so much work to be done in finalizing a person's affairs.

We have also been looking for a new house closer to where my husband is now working, though we haven't had much luck in this area due to several issues. It really would be great if we could sell this house first but there is work that needs to be done and finding the time to do it is not an easy task. Oh, we also had a fire in my husband's shop since I have last posted and have had to deal with all those issues; cleaning it out, determining what was in the building for insurance purposes, etc. All of these things have gone on in the midst of my working full time doing transcription, still sewing and filling orders and general summer activities with the kids. Whew! It has been a busy three months!

Now to show you some of my custom orders and one of my new products (not yet in the store).

First, I will show you some pics of a custom order I did for my SIL. She has a side business doing in home parties and wanted some aprons made for both she and her friend. Her only stipulations were that one have pink camo, the other green camo and she wanted them monogrammed. Here is what I came up with.



And here is a close up of the monogramming (thank you Laura!) -



I thought they turned out rather nicely. Hope you gals are enjoying them!

One of my new items is a key fob that fits on your wrist allowing you to keep your keys handy and easily accessible while keeping your hands free. Here is the one that I gave my SIL for her order (these are free with every purchase through the end of September).


The freebie key fobs are made from one of the fabrics used in each order. In this case, though, I made an exception since I knew she would enjoy a Razorback one more. :) I will have them available in the store for purchase in October. Of course if you really, really want one sooner, I would be happy to make a custom listing for you.

This is a custom order I just shipped out last week and a picture of her free key fob. I really love this fabric.





Of course, these are just 2 of the orders I have done in the last few months. I have a couple of other orders I am working on and then I can get back to the other new items I have for the store. One of them is an Razorback dress in an adorable new design.

Well, that's it for today as I really need to get back to typing my medical reports. Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment